Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Guillermo Meyer <gm...@sib.interbanking.com.ar> on 2003/07/30 13:18:59 UTC

Xkins

Hi:
I'm working in an Open Source Project called Xkins. It's used mainly to manage different skins in a web application.
Skins are composed by paths, elements, and templates. Templates has a content. This content can be processed by any processor. I made a Velocity Template Processor to generate HTML from these templates which content is Velocity templates. These ones can be into a single file or in other files (new feature!, thanks Nathan).

Xkins is not intended to replace Velocity but to work with it using JSP. For example, I took Struts-layout project and made a skinnable PanelInterface using xkins with Velocity templates. These templates are snippets of HTML, no the hole page. I also made a Struts1.1 plugin.

I will apreciate if you have a moment and take a look at this to give me some feedback.
Project url is http://xkins.sourceforge.net/

I don't know Velocity in deep. I think that you can give me some help if you take a look to VelocityTemplateProcessor and tell me if I'm using it in the right way.

I was thinking if it could be possible to reference this project in Powered By Velocity web page :)

Thanks in advance.
Guillermo.