Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Eric Chow <ec...@macaucabletv.com> on 2003/05/23 06:30:43 UTC

Tiles problem ?

Hello,

Is it possible to retrieve all the contents in tiles-def.xml and
struts-config.xml in a DB ?

Any example ??

Eric

Re: Tiles problem ?

Posted by Cedric Dumoulin <ce...@apache.org>.
  Good suggestion. I will do it.

     Cedric

>>> http://www.lifl.fr/~dumoulin/howto/writeAFactory.doc to see how to

Re: Tiles problem ?

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.

Cedric Dumoulin wrote:

>  Inheritance, and OO approach, are very useful when you have related
> objects or things like in Tiles, validator, configuration files ...
>  I have think of a common solution/approach/pattern that can be used to
> implement inheritance in all of this package. But for now, I have
> nothing more than ideas ;-). All concrete initiatives are welcome.
>
>   Cedric
>
> Christopher Willingham wrote:
>
>> Cedric, I posted a note to Jakarta commons you may be interested in.  I
>> was wondering about adding a inheritance scheme similar to the validator
>> similar to what you've done with tiles.  I am finding a good number of
>> circumstances where base edits apply across forms with same field names
>> are having to be reproduced over and over again.  I'd probably do it the
>> same way you did, only with tiles.  What do you think?  Tough?  Not
>> worth it?

Ted Husted,

Re: Tiles problem ?

Posted by Cedric Dumoulin <ce...@apache.org>.

RE: Tiles problem ?

Posted by Christopher Willingham <su...@maine.rr.com>.
Ooops.

In the next to last sentence below I meant to say to 'validator' but
mistakenly referred to tiles.  It should read something like, "same way
you did, but only with the validator"

RE: Tiles problem ?

Re: Tiles problem ?

Posted by Cedric Dumoulin <ce...@apache.org>.