Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Dan Turner <dt...@irise.com> on 2001/04/11 21:52:36 UTC

Tomcat Production References

Hi everyone,

I'm a project manager with a J2EE consulting firm in San Francisco.  Right
now I'm doing an architecture review for a major financial company out here
and one of the issues I am researching is the application server they want
to use for an intranet application (5000 hits per minute +).

I am trying to make a case for using Tomcat instead of a commercial App
Server like Weblogic or Websphere, and I need references of Tomcat
installations running successfully with this kind of load in production.
They only use JavaBeans, Servlets and JSP, so an EJB container is not
required.

Do anyone have/know of any projects in the USA that have successfully
implemented Tomcat as a large-scale Java application server?

Thanks,
Dan Turner

Project Manager
iRise
One Front Street, Suite 900
San Francisco, CA  94115
(415) 948-5210
www.irise.com

RE: Tomcat Production References

Posted by James Goodwill <jg...@virtuas.com>.
Tomcat Production ReferencesDan,

Why not put together a demo app and perform some load testing.
We have thrown about 80,000 simultaneous request at Tomcat 3.2.1 + IIS +
JDBC-ODBC bridge + SQL Server, with no trouble. We are using connection
pooling for all database request.

You can try the e-Test suite at www.empirix.com.

Thanks,
James

P.S. I am affiliated in no way with this product or company.