Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Ferran Urgell <fe...@hotmail.com> on 2002/05/14 08:46:30 UTC

JBOSS-Cocoon

Hi Cocooners!! Actually I've cocoon 2.0 i my PC under Redhat Linux....
My question is, Can I Install Jboss ?  Is a good combination install Jboss with cocoon ? How I can do this?
(I have a lot of questions about JBoss-Cocoon)
There are same people with  Cocoon and Jboss?
What advantages I'm getting with JBoss and Cocoon together ?.....

Thanks

Ferran Urgell

Re: JBOSS-Cocoon

Posted by Nick Airey <ni...@ihavemoved.com>.
Hello Ferran,

It certainly is possible to run cocoon within the jboss/catalina
package. I have it working with the jboss2.4.4-catalina4.0.1 package.

The project I am leading is an ecommerce engine with multiple front
ends. Cocoon is quite good for managing the presentation layer, and the
EJBs implement the business logic.

My strategy is to write cocoon actions to act as controllers (in the
model-view-controller pattern), and write generators to make EJB calls
and generate xml (this is the model). Then use cocoon's pipeline
handling facilities to end up with html, or xml, or whatever you want.
(this is the view)

Remember that jboss/catalina running cocoon will be no faster or more
stable than standalone catalina running cocoon, but it will have an EJB
container.

Regs,
Nick