Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Francesco Consumi <co...@istitutodeglinnocenti.it> on 2005/11/10 09:43:33 UTC

sandbox and "WebXml.init must be called before!"

Hi all,

If I try to include sandbox.jar in my project, when I launch it I obtain:
exception

javax.servlet.ServletException:
org.apache.myfaces.webapp.webxml.WebXml.init must be called before!
	javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:109)
	org.netbeans.modules.web.monitor.server.MonitorFilter.doFilter(MonitorFilter.java:362)

root cause

java.lang.IllegalStateException:
org.apache.myfaces.webapp.webxml.WebXml.init must be called before!
	org.apache.myfaces.webapp.webxml.WebXml.getWebXml(WebXml.java:123)
	org.apache.myfaces.application.jsp.JspViewHandlerImpl.getServletMapping(JspViewHandlerImpl.java:346)
	org.apache.myfaces.application.jsp.JspViewHandlerImpl.renderView(JspViewHandlerImpl.java:199)
	org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.render(LifecycleImpl.java:300)
	javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:95)
	org.netbeans.modules.web.monitor.server.MonitorFilter.doFilter(MonitorFilter.java:362)

Obviously, in my web.xml file is included the listener:
  <listener>

<listener-class>org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener</listener-class>
  </listener>

suggestion ?

I need sandbox in order to use <s:convertDateTime> instead of the <f:>
one, because of famous date shifting.....

thanks to all.

--
Francesco Consumi
Ufficio Sistemi informativi
consumi at istitutodeglinnocenti.it
Tel. +39 055 2037320
ICQ# 12516133

Re: sandbox and "WebXml.init must be called before!"

Posted by Marco Mistroni <mm...@gmail.com>.
hello,
 have you checked that your myfaces & sandbox are of same version?
i think if you are using myfaces-20050101 jars you should pick also
sandbox-20050101 jars
 HTH
 marco

Re: myFaces and Oracle ADF merging in the future??

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
Well,

you'll need to pay for professional support - just as now.

I can promise you one thing: you won't be charged for using MyFaces
anytime in the future. This is not how ASF projects work.

regards,

Martin

--

http://www.irian.at

Your JSF powerhouse -
JSF Consulting, Development and
Courses in English and German

Professional Support for Apache MyFaces

Re: myFaces and Oracle ADF merging in the future??

Posted by Hansjörg Meuschel <hj...@gmx.de>.

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
The plan is clear - ADF Faces will be a subproject of Apache MyFaces.

The question is the timeline ;)

John, Jonas, Adam, any update on this?

regards,

Martin

Posted by Rafael Nami <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rafael Nami <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com>.
I've fixed the sandbox.war thing in the SVN...

Posted by Francesco Consumi <co...@istitutodeglinnocenti.it>.

consumi at istitutodeglinnocenti.it
Tel. +39 055 2037320

Posted by Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com>.
I've identified the source of the problem, I am going to open a JIRA
now. The top part of the examples-config.xml file is missing:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<!DOCTYPE faces-config PUBLIC
  "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD JavaServer Faces Config 1.0//EN"
  "http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-facesconfig_1_0.dtd">

<!-- =========== FULL CONFIGURATION FILE ================================== -->

<faces-config>

and this provokes a org.xml.sax.SAXParseException...

INFO: Reading config /WEB-INF/examples-config.xml
10/11/2005 10:37:35 org.apache.commons.digester.Digester error
SEVERE: Parse Error at line 5 column 18: Document is invalid: no grammar found.
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Document is invalid: no grammar found.

The file is ok in the sources, so something happens during the build process...

Regards,

Posted by Francesco Consumi <co...@istitutodeglinnocenti.it>.

consumi at istitutodeglinnocenti.it
Tel. +39 055 2037320

Posted by Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com>.
In the meanwhile, can you open a JIRA issue?

Regards,

Bruno

Posted by Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Francesco Consumi <co...@istitutodeglinnocenti.it>.