Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Duncan Krebs <li...@krebsnet.com> on 2004/11/30 23:11:29 UTC

Thank You Maven

Just wanted to thank everyone on this list for helping me get up to speed on Maven (especially Brett). We now have all our source broken down into finite maven projects and the new level of reusability we are starting to achieve is so cool.

What really motivated this email though is that I just downloaded the source to an apache commons project. I saw it had a .project in it, ran my eclipse and the jar:install commands and just like that I had a clean eclipse project to explore with the right classpath and an artifact to reference in my other projects. This higher level of abstraction in building software makes so much sense and is going to save a lot of people a lot of time, thank you Maven. - Duncan

Re: Thank You Maven

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Duncan! Glad we could help.

You're comment here is what Maven is all about, so its great to hear
its working for you.

Cheers,
Brett