Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Srinivasa Rao Katta <sk...@telegea.com> on 2002/09/24 16:55:25 UTC

Folder Problem

Folks,

How are you ?.

I have installed James 2.1a1 successfully on Solaris.

It was creating folders under james/var/inboxes etc.. without any
problem.

Can I give an absolute path to James for to create the folders some
where else ?.

I have updated config.xml as like following and stopped/started the
James;

<inboxRepository>
         <repository destinationURL="file:///var/mail/inboxes/"
type="MAIL"/>
      </inboxRepository>

However,I was not seeing any folders under /var/mail .
James was creating folders under james/var/mail/ still.

Please advice me.

Thanks,
Srinivas

Re: Folder Problem

Posted by Srinivasa Rao Katta <sk...@telegea.com>.
Peter,

How are you ?.

My james release is dated to james-2.1a1-2002-08-18.

Obsolute paths were working now.

Thanks for all your help.

Thanks,
Srinivas.

RE: James 2.1a1 refresh

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@apache.org>.
AFAIK the numbers only increment on a release made with avote, a plan and an
announcement, anything else isn't supported and is just a build, therefore
latest builds are simply that a dated build of cvs.

releases will increment version numbers in proportion to the scope of the
changes, the "a" indicates that this will be the Alpha 1 release of version
2.1

(I think we can probably do better than this, but it works ok, in that the
numbers increase, and we can distinguish versions)

d.

RE: James 2.1a1 refresh

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.

RE: James 2.1a1 refresh