Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Mohan K <km...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/24 21:53:09 UTC

2.1.1-dev trunk Profile Admin Portlet

Greetings,

It appears that the profiler admin portlet is broke in the trunk for J2.
When I

Click the tab I get the following in portlet:

Portlet is Not Available: j2-admin::ProfilerAdmin

Reason: null

(it appears I might have to look in the portlet.xml for the view handler?)

Thanks

Mohan

Here is the stack trace

2007-05-24 15:45:05,550 [http-17601-2] ERROR
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/j2-a

dmin] - JetspeedContainerServlet: Error rendering portlet
"j2-admin::ProfilerAdmin": java.lang.NullPointerExcepti

on

java.lang.NullPointerException

        at
org.apache.myfaces.application.jsp.JspViewHandlerImpl.getServletMapping(JspV
iewHandlerImpl.java:314)

        at
org.apache.myfaces.application.jsp.JspViewHandlerImpl.renderView(JspViewHand
lerImpl.java:179)

        at
org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.RenderResponseExecutor.execute(RenderResponseEx
ecutor.java:41)

        at
org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.render(LifecycleImpl.java:132)

        at
org.apache.portals.bridges.jsf.FacesPortlet.process(FacesPortlet.java:469)

        at
org.apache.portals.bridges.jsf.FacesPortlet.doView(FacesPortlet.java:289)

        at javax.portlet.GenericPortlet.doDispatch(GenericPortlet.java:247)

        at javax.portlet.GenericPortlet.render(GenericPortlet.java:175)

        at
org.apache.jetspeed.factory.JetspeedPortletInstance.render(JetspeedPortletIn
stance.java:103)

        at
org.apache.jetspeed.container.JetspeedContainerServlet.doGet(JetspeedContain
erServlet.java:265)

        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:690)

        at
FilterChain.java:269)

        at
ain.java:188)

        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.
java:691)

        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doInclude(ApplicationDispatch
er.java:594)

        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.include(ApplicationDispatcher
.java:505)

        at
org.apache.jetspeed.container.invoker.ServletPortletInvoker.invoke(ServletPo
rtletInvoker.java:244)

        at
org.apache.jetspeed.container.invoker.ServletPortletInvoker.render(ServletPo
rtletInvoker.java:128)

        at
org.apache.pluto.PortletContainerImpl.renderPortlet(PortletContainerImpl.jav
a:119)

        at
org.apache.jetspeed.container.JetspeedPortletContainerWrapper.renderPortlet(
JetspeedPortletContainerWr

apper.java:121)

        at
org.apache.jetspeed.aggregator.impl.RenderingJobImpl.execute(RenderingJobImp
l.java:241)

        at
org.apache.jetspeed.aggregator.impl.PortletRendererImpl.renderNow(PortletRen
dererImpl.java:225)

        at
org.apache.jetspeed.aggregator.impl.PageAggregatorImpl.aggregateAndRender(Pa
geAggregatorImpl.java:147)

        at
org.apache.jetspeed.aggregator.impl.PageAggregatorImpl.aggregateAndRender(Pa
geAggregatorImpl.java:143)

        at
org.apache.jetspeed.aggregator.impl.PageAggregatorImpl.build(PageAggregatorI
mpl.java:78)

        at
org.apache.jetspeed.aggregator.AggregatorValve.invoke(AggregatorValve.java:4
6)

        at
org.apache.jetspeed.pipeline.JetspeedPipeline$Invocation.invokeNext(Jetspeed
Pipeline.java:167)

        at
org.apache.jetspeed.aggregator.HeaderAggregatorValve.invoke(HeaderAggregator
Valve.java:53)

        at
org.apache.jetspeed.pipeline.JetspeedPipeline$Invocation.invokeNext(Jetspeed
Pipeline.java:167)

        at
org.apache.jetspeed.decoration.DecorationValve.invoke(DecorationValve.java:9
8)

        at
org.apache.jetspeed.pipeline.JetspeedPipeline$Invocation.invokeNext(Jetspeed
Pipeline.java:167)

        at
org.apache.jetspeed.pipeline.valve.impl.ActionValveImpl.invoke(ActionValveIm
pl.java:183)

        at
org.apache.jetspeed.pipeline.JetspeedPipeline$Invocation.invokeNext(Jetspeed
Pipeline.java:167)

        at
org.apache.jetspeed.container.ContainerValve.invoke(ContainerValve.java:72)

        at
org.apache.jetspeed.pipeline.JetspeedPipeline$Invocation.invokeNext(Jetspeed
Pipeline.java:167)

        at
org.apache.jetspeed.profiler.impl.ProfilerValveImpl.invoke(ProfilerValveImpl
.java:246)

        at
org.apache.jetspeed.pipeline.JetspeedPipeline$Invocation.invokeNext(Jetspeed
Pipeline.java:167)

        at
org.apache.jetspeed.security.impl.LoginValidationValveImpl.invoke(LoginValid
ationValveImpl.java:160)

        at
org.apache.jetspeed.pipeline.JetspeedPipeline$Invocation.invokeNext(Jetspeed
Pipeline.java:167)

        at
org.apache.jetspeed.security.impl.PasswordCredentialValveImpl.invoke(Passwor
dCredentialValveImpl.java:

150)

        at
org.apache.jetspeed.pipeline.JetspeedPipeline$Invocation.invokeNext(Jetspeed
Pipeline.java:167)

        at
org.apache.jetspeed.localization.impl.LocalizationValveImpl.invoke(Localizat
ionValveImpl.java:170)

        at
org.apache.jetspeed.pipeline.JetspeedPipeline$Invocation.invokeNext(Jetspeed
Pipeline.java:167)

        at
org.apache.jetspeed.security.impl.AbstractSecurityValve$1.run(AbstractSecuri
tyValve.java:134)

        at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAsPrivileged(Subject.java:454)

        at
org.apache.jetspeed.security.JSSubject.doAsPrivileged(JSSubject.java:179)

        at
org.apache.jetspeed.security.impl.AbstractSecurityValve.invoke(AbstractSecur
ityValve.java:128)

        at
org.apache.jetspeed.pipeline.JetspeedPipeline$Invocation.invokeNext(Jetspeed
Pipeline.java:167)

        at
org.apache.jetspeed.container.url.impl.PortalURLValveImpl.invoke(PortalURLVa
lveImpl.java:66)

        at
org.apache.jetspeed.pipeline.JetspeedPipeline$Invocation.invokeNext(Jetspeed
Pipeline.java:167)

        at
org.apache.jetspeed.capabilities.impl.CapabilityValveImpl.invoke(CapabilityV
alveImpl.java:126)

        at
org.apache.jetspeed.pipeline.JetspeedPipeline$Invocation.invokeNext(Jetspeed
Pipeline.java:167)

        at
org.apache.jetspeed.pipeline.JetspeedPipeline.invoke(JetspeedPipeline.java:1
46)

        at
org.apache.jetspeed.engine.JetspeedEngine.service(JetspeedEngine.java:215)

        at
org.apache.jetspeed.engine.JetspeedServlet.doGet(JetspeedServlet.java:242)

        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:690)

        at
FilterChain.java:269)

        at
ain.java:188)

        at
org.apache.jetspeed.engine.servlet.XXSUrlAttackFilter.doFilter(XXSUrlAttackF
ilter.java:52)

        at
FilterChain.java:215)

        at
ain.java:188)

        at
va:210)

        at
va:174)

        at
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase
.java:433)

        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127
)

        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117
)

        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:542)

        at
:108)

        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:151)

        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11AprProcessor.process(Http11AprProcessor.java:
834)

        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11AprProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(H
ttp11AprProtocol.java:640)

        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AprEndpoint$Worker.run(AprEndpoint.java:1286)

        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

RE: 2.1.1-dev trunk Profile Admin Portlet

Posted by Mohan K <km...@gmail.com>.
Thanks David,
My "local" repository never got updated (maven2) with the new jar. Of
course, if it was tagged as SNAPSHOT then I would have seen the latest
*fixed* jar (it was missing the faces-config.xml file).
Mohan

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.

Posted by Mohan K <km...@gmail.com>.
Yes, that was it! Thanks David.
Is this a Maven2 and Maven1 thing? Because, the current jar in j2-admin has
*exactly* the same version, but I notice that you gave me a link to mave1
repository?
Cheers
mohan

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.