Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Rene Lehmann <RL...@timocom.com> on 2011/09/01 15:33:57 UTC

Solr replication / repeater

Hi there,

i´m really new in Solr and have a question about the Solr replication.
We want to use Solr in two data centers (dedicated fibre channel lane, like
intranet) behind a load balancer. Is the following infrastructure possible?

- one repeater and one slave per data center
- the repeaters used to each other for replication
- the slaves uses the local repeater for replication

Such a construction is possible? Or do I need a pure master server?

kind regards,

Rene

P.S. Sorry for the second mail. But now this is an own thread.

Re: Solr replication / repeater

Posted by Rene Lehmann <RL...@timocom.com>.
Hey Erik, Hey Chris,

thank you for your answers. I think i now understand better the
functioning.

kind regards

Rene

Re: Solr replication / repeater

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
:
: - one repeater and one slave per data center
: - the repeaters used to each other for replication
: - the slaves uses the local repeater for replication
:
: Such a construction is possible? Or do I need a pure master server?

you can't have the repeaters talking to eachother -- there has to be one
actual "master" that is where you index your data.

you can think of the problem as having a "cluster" in each data center
consisting of a "local master" and "local slaves" and then configure all
of the individual "local masters" to actually be repeaters pulling from
one "global master" which (if you want) could also be a "local master" in
a particular data center.

-Hoss

Re: Solr replication / repeater