Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Ammons, Grant" <gr...@scr.siemens.com> on 2003/05/22 16:50:27 UTC

strange test anomalies

Hello guys -

I am doing a testing comparison between tomcat and resin and I've noticed
some interesting numbers that jmeter is spitting out.  I set up a test plan
that will load 40 threads, each hitting the page 10 times, with a ramp up of
10 seconds.  This will lead to a total of 400 requests.  However, for every
test I've done (with both resin and tomcat), somewhere between request
255-265 the response time goes up from a few ms to about 4-5 seconds, and
the success rate drops dramatically.  This lasts for about 10-15 requests,
then the page responds normally again.  Is this a problem with jmeter?  Has
anyone else seen this type of problem?

Thanks in advance,
Grant