Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Estrade Matthieu <es...@ifrance.com> on 2002/09/01 20:46:29 UTC

The best hook ?

Hi,

I would like to know the best hook to register my module init function.
In this function, my aim is:

1- Open files
2- Take data
3- Put this data in structures (alloc memory)
4- All Childs must be able to read/modify all this data.

I did my hook with ap_hook_post_config.
Do you think it's the best way ?

When I setup a MaxRequestPerChild 10000, my childs restart.

I alloc memory to structure in my init function with calloc because, I
am unable to use the apr_pool_p in subfunctions.

When the child restart, does it call the post_config function.?
Because I see debug message like when apache init the module.

Best regards

Estrade Matthieu

Pour mieux recevoir vos emails, utilisez un PC plus performant !
D�couvrez la nouvelle gamme DELL en exclusivit� sur i (france)
http://www.ifrance.com/_reloc/signedell