Posted to dev@systemds.apache.org by Janardhan <ja...@apache.org> on 2021/05/20 12:00:00 UTC

[DISCUSS][SYSTEMDS-2977] SystemDS components guide

Hi all,

We do have some components with just one or two issues and some
duplicates (like, Tutorial, Optimization, NeuralNetworks).

We already identified the commit tags and types of commits[1].

Shall we identify the core components and derivative components?

Ideally, we need
  1. a small description (if need be.)
  2. Core component / Derivative component.
     For example, Algorithms, Compression are core components
  3. Which components to drop.

Components List:[2]

+-------+----------------+------------+
| S.No. | Component      | Issues     |
+-------+----------------+------------+
|     1 | Algorithms     | 113 Issues |
+-------+----------------+------------+
|     2 | APIs           | 204 Issues |
+-------+----------------+------------+
|     3 | Build          | 88 Issues  |
+-------+----------------+------------+
|     4 | Builtins       | 5 Issues   |
+-------+----------------+------------+
|     5 | CLA            | 2 Issues   |
+-------+----------------+------------+
|     6 | Compiler       | 255 Issues |
+-------+----------------+------------+
|     7 | compression    | 11 Issues  |
+-------+----------------+------------+
|     8 | Documentation  | 120 Issues |
+-------+----------------+------------+
|     9 | federated      | 6 Issues   |
+-------+----------------+------------+
|    10 | Infrastructure | 12 Issues  |
+-------+----------------+------------+
|    11 | Internals      | 7 Issues   |
+-------+----------------+------------+
|    12 | NativeRuntime  | 12 Issues  |
+-------+----------------+------------+
|    13 | NeuralNetworks | 1 Issue    |
+-------+----------------+------------+
|    14 | Optimization   | 2 Issues   |
+-------+----------------+------------+
|    15 | ParFor         | 17 Issues  |
+-------+----------------+------------+
|    16 | Parser         | 81 Issues  |
+-------+----------------+------------+
|    17 | PyDML          | 18 Issues  |
+-------+----------------+------------+
|    18 | PythonAPI      | 4 Issues   |
+-------+----------------+------------+
|    19 | Runtime        | 317 Issues |
+-------+----------------+------------+
|    20 | Test           | 86 Issues  |
+-------+----------------+------------+
|    21 | Tutorial       | 2 Issues   |
+-------+----------------+------------+
|    22 | Website        | 67 Issues  |
+-------+----------------+------------+

--
[1] https://github.com/apache/systemds/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md#tags
[2]

Re: [DISCUSS][SYSTEMDS-2977] SystemDS components guide

Posted by arnab phani <ph...@gmail.com>.
I can think of another benefit of standardizing components: one can
aggregate all the opened issues in a given component.
However, often the reporter doesn't know where the issue is, and some tasks
go beyond a single component.

Regards,
Arnab..

Posted by Mark Dokter <md...@know-center.at>.