Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Jason Foster <ja...@uwaterloo.ca> on 2002/01/16 15:58:11 UTC

OT: Making DocBook 1.48 work with FOP

Quoting from a recent message to the DOCBOOK-APPS mailing list...

> FOP doesn't support latest XSL FO recomendation. You must preprocess
> a.fo with fo-patch-for-fop.xsl stylesheet before processing it with FOP:
>
> xalan -IN a.fo -XSL .../fo/fo-patch-for-fop.xsl -OUT a2.fo
> fop a2.fo a2.pdf

Assuming that this works, and since it is part of the 1.48 distribution
and is mentioned repeatedly it should, can someone with the cycles add
DocBook support to the stock Cocoon sitemap?

Jason Foster

Re: OT: Making DocBook 1.48 work with FOP

Posted by Gianugo Rabellino <gi...@apache.org>.
Jason Foster wrote:

> Quoting from a recent message to the DOCBOOK-APPS mailing list...
>
>> FOP doesn't support latest XSL FO recomendation. You must preprocess
>> a.fo with fo-patch-for-fop.xsl stylesheet before processing it with FOP:
>>
>> xalan -IN a.fo -XSL .../fo/fo-patch-for-fop.xsl -OUT a2.fo
>> fop a2.fo a2.pdf

Thanks for this info Jason. It seems to work, even if I'm still
experiencing some quirks with hyperlinks. But I'll double check and see
what comes out of it.

Thanks again,

--
Gianugo