Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Prabhu Joseph <pr...@gmail.com> on 2019/11/25 10:44:21 UTC

Hadoop Native Build Steps

Hi,

Can anyone share complete steps to build hadoop with native code - either
for Mac or Linux. Am facing below issue, have installed libgsasl but still
did not help.

[WARNING] Located all JNI components successfully.
[WARNING] CUSTOM_OPENSSL_PREFIX =
[WARNING] -- Performing Test THREAD_LOCAL_SUPPORTED
[WARNING] -- Performing Test THREAD_LOCAL_SUPPORTED - Success
[WARNING] -- Could NOT find CYRUS_SASL (missing:  CYRUS_SASL_SHARED_LIB
CYRUS_SASL_INCLUDE_DIR)
[WARNING] -- Could NOT find GSASL (missing:  GSASL_LIBRARIES
GSASL_INCLUDE_DIR)
[WARNING] -- Performing Test THREAD_LOCAL_SUPPORTED
[WARNING] -- Performing Test THREAD_LOCAL_SUPPORTED - Success
[WARNING] -- Performing Test PROTOC_IS_COMPATIBLE
[WARNING] -- Performing Test PROTOC_IS_COMPATIBLE - Success
[WARNING] -- valgrind location: MEMORYCHECK_COMMAND-NOTFOUND
[WARNING] CMake Error at main/native/libhdfspp/CMakeLists.txt:135 (message):
[WARNING]   Cound not find a SASL library (GSASL (gsasl) or Cyrus SASL
(libsasl2).
[WARNING]   Install/configure one of them or define NO_SASL=1 in your cmake
call

Thanks,
Prabhu Joseph

Re: Hadoop Native Build Steps

Posted by István Fajth <fa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

for me on Mac the natives are compiling fine (except FUSE but that is
normal as it is binding to Linux libraries to the best of my knowledge).
I would check 2 things:
Are libsasl libraries there in /usr/lib/libsasl*? I have these files/links:
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel      16 May  4  2019
/usr/lib/libsasl2.2.0.1.dylib -> libsasl2.2.dylib
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel      16 May  4  2019
/usr/lib/libsasl2.2.0.15.dylib -> libsasl2.2.dylib
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel      16 May  4  2019
/usr/lib/libsasl2.2.0.21.dylib -> libsasl2.2.dylib
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel      16 May  4  2019
/usr/lib/libsasl2.2.0.22.dylib -> libsasl2.2.dylib
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  217040 May  4  2019 /usr/lib/libsasl2.2.dylib
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel      16 May  4  2019 /usr/lib/libsasl2.dylib ->
libsasl2.2.dylib

The other thing is wether the SSL headers are there in
/usr/local/include/openssl, I had to add the following link before it was
able to compile if I remember correctly (it was a long time ago when I set
this up):
/usr/local/include/openssl -> ../opt/openssl/include/openssl

brew install for some reason does not created this link.

I hope this helps, let us know if it did, I haven't have a Linux env set up
at the moment so I am not sure what should be there ;)
Regards,
Pifta

Prabhu Joseph <pr...@gmail.com> ezt írta (időpont: 2019. nov.
25., H, 11:44):