Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Koney, Satish" <Sa...@syntelinc.com> on 2005/03/01 11:28:23 UTC

Using ant task to deploy services

Hi All,

	Can someone tell me what is the ideal way of deploying a web service
using ant task?

Following is how I am doing it now: (Each step is a separate task)

1. compile the project and build the war file

2. copy the war file into JBoss server/default/deploy/webapps directory
(This is to deploy the war file)

3. deploy the webservice using adminClient ant task ( In the second step,
only the war file is deployed, not the service)

But the problem I am facing is, each time I restart my server, I need to
redeploy the web service.

If my application is in the form of a directory (WebService.war directory) ,
when I deploy the service, it is creating a server-config.wsdd file in my
WEB-INF directory.

But if it is a war file, that file is not created, but the service is
deployed.I do not understand where it is keeping all the web service
information.

So can someone please me tell me how i deploy the web service using ant
task?

Thanks,
SSSS.

Confidential:  This electronic message and all contents contain information
from Syntel, Inc. which may be privileged, confidential or otherwise
protected from disclosure. The information is intended to be for the
addressee only. If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, copy,
distribution or use of the contents of this message is prohibited.  If you
have received this electronic message in error, please notify the sender
immediately and destroy the original message and all copies.

Re : Using ant task to deploy services

Posted by Sebastien Mayemba Mbokoso <se...@gmail.com>.
While deploying a war on JBoss, if your war doesn't contain a
server-config.wdd, Axis engine creates it automatically in its tmp
directories. So deploy all your web services. Then copy the
server-config.wsdd generated in your WEB-INF. Repackage your war and
redeploy it in Jboss.