Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by "Klimenko, Mariya" <Ma...@eia.doe.gov> on 2004/05/19 15:18:33 UTC

tomcat exception caused by x-tags

I am working on struts application on eclipse.  I need to display xml file
marshalled by an action through a jsp.  For this purpose I am trying to use
x-tags.

This is what I get trying to start Tomcat: "ERROR [main] (Digester.java:1434) -
Parse Error at line 6 column 50: Attribute "xmlns:xalan" must be declared for
element type "taglib".
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Attribute "xmlns:xalan" must be declared for
element type "taglib"."

This is what I think is causing the exception: "<taglib
xmlns:xalan="http://xml.apache.org/xslt">" in the tld file.  Where to fing this
required namespace, I don't know.  I looked but could not find it.
Please help.
Thanks.
Mariya.

Re: tomcat exception caused by x-tags

Posted by "Emmanuil Batsis (Manos)" <mb...@netsmart.gr>.
I dont really know what the problem is, but it seems like the (SAX?)
parser reading the XML has XML namespaces feature turned off. Should be
configurable somewhere?

Klimenko, Mariya wrote:

> I am working on struts application on eclipse.  I need to display xml file
> marshalled by an action through a jsp.  For this purpose I am trying to use
> x-tags.
>
> This is what I get trying to start Tomcat: "ERROR [main] (Digester.java:1434) -
> Parse Error at line 6 column 50: Attribute "xmlns:xalan" must be declared for
> element type "taglib".
> org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Attribute "xmlns:xalan" must be declared for
> element type "taglib"."
>
> This is what I think is causing the exception: "<taglib
> xmlns:xalan="http://xml.apache.org/xslt">" in the tld file.  Where to fing this
> required namespace, I don't know.  I looked but could not find it.
> Please help.
> Thanks.
> Mariya.

Manos Batsis