Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by BK1985 <bh...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/20 19:28:48 UTC

Problem with Jmeter record and playback

Hi,

I have successfully used record & playback functionality of Jmeter for some
scenarios such as,
   - Login to a site
        |- Upload a file
        |- Download a file

But then i found that, the test plan doesn't work, when i
- Execute the testplan in a different PC
- Clear the browsing history(Cookies, FormData, TempFiles) in the machine
which i recorded the script.

Please let me know what could be the possible reasons behind this issue and
how to overcome this. Your help will be greatly appreciated.!

Thanks,
BK

Re: Problem with Jmeter record and playback

Posted by BK1985 <bh...@gmail.com>.

http://www.nabble.com/file/p24584546/UploadTest.txt UploadTest.txt

Re: Problem with Jmeter record and playback

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
Recording scenarios using login needs you to check all the session id /
cookies correctly and modify your test accordingly (typically if the session
id is in the url you need to drop this from the test and code your test to
pick up these values dynamically OR if the app uses cookies for the session
id , then it should be as simple as adding a Cookie manager to your test).
There are numerous threads that deal with this issue , look through the
archives of this forum.

If this still doesnt solve your problem , you need to compare what your
browser sends with what your test sends. For the browser use any tool like
LiveHttpHeaders, HTTPWatch etc, for your test , enable the View results in
tree and look at the request/response.

>Clear the browsing history(Cookies, FormData, TempFiles) in the machine
This should have no impact on Jmeter. It *might* make a difference while
recording the script though, as the browser might not make a request to the
proxy for cached pages , normally you should start with a clean browser
while recording the script

regards
deepak