Posted to dev@perl.apache.org by ydnar <yd...@paradigm-healthcare.com> on 2003/11/13 01:30:56 UTC

[mp2] POST form limits; mod_perl + Mozilla Firebird

I have a large form (1000+ form elements) which uses method="POST". Only
the first 429 elements/parameters are passed to my mod_perl application.

The odd thing is, it only happens with Mozilla Firebird (Win32), and not
MSIE. I originally thought this was a browser issue, but when I tried
the same code under CGI, all elements were successfully passed from both
Firebird and MSIE.

Upgrading from Firebird 0.7.1 to the latest nightly (dated 2003-11-12)
increased the number of passed form elements from approx. 269 to the
current 429. Strangely, f the form used method="GET" then all form
elements were passed regardless of browser type or version.

I am going to try to reproduce the problem under the most recent build
of mod_perl now.

If this can be narrowed down to mod_perl specifically, I'll make a more
formal bug report. I was wondering if anyone had seen anything like this
before.