Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com> on 2020/01/03 22:34:20 UTC

Re: Interested in leveraging (or if not existent building) an Apache Arrow Query Engine

Hi Wolfram,

The effort hasn’t stalled. As a volunteer-driven project with developers
coming from modestly funded organizations the progress has not been
overnight. My team (Ursa Labs) has been building infrastructure in support
of this effort (for example, the datasets API and filesystem API, both
necessary pieces), as have developers from Dremio and others (eg on
Gandiva). It would be great if engineers from Facebook would contribute to
the effort.

Thanks
Wes