Posted to general@xml.apache.org by Edwin Goei <ed...@sun.com> on 2002/07/19 03:48:27 UTC

[Announce] New version of JAXP javax.xml.{parsers,transform} code

Hi all,

I've updated the JAXP API classes under the javax.xml.{parsers,
transform} packages to implement the following:

1) Added doPrivilege blocks so the code can be used in environments such
as servlet and EJB containers which have SecurityManagers installed.  (I
believe this is required by the EJB spec.)

2) Code looks for a Service Provider using the context ClassLoader (if
set) or the current ClassLoader

The code exists in xml-commons under java/external/**.  Unfortunately
implementing #1 made it very difficult to also get the code to compile
under JDK 1.1.  However, the code will *run* with JDK 1.1 and above.
For this reason, the code has been checked into a separate branch
"java2-branch" under xml-commons/java/external/**.

-Edwin

PS: This message could have been cross-posted to xerces-j-dev,
xalan-dev, and commons-dev, but I thought it would be easiest to post to
general instead in case of followups.