Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Fletcher, Boyd C. J9C534" <Bo...@je.jfcom.mil> on 2003/04/21 18:11:17 UTC

Jetspeed 1.4.b4 & Jetspeed 2.0 Questions

I'm new to the list and didn't see the answers to these in the archives so...

1) When is Jetspeed 1.4 Beta 4 expected be released?

2) When is the expected release date for 1.4 final?

3) What will be the major differences between 1.4 and 2.0?

4) Has JSR 168 changed the Portlet API used in 1.4 significantly? If so, then how much?

5) Will 2.0 implement JSR 168?

6) will the documentation in 1.4 Beta 4 be in PDF instead of HTML? the HTML version doesn't print well and isn't very concise (currently has lots of individual files).

thanks,

boyd

Assigning Roles to Portlets dynamically

Posted by Shan Gopalakrishnan <sg...@cisco.com>.
Hello all

I have a requirement from the business which says there will be a admin
interface where the administrator will
Assign/revoke the roles to Portlets ( Granting access previlege to a
particular set of users ) dynamically without
bouncing the application or re-deploying the application

Currently the Portlet has this mapping to roles in the Portlet Registry
.  Any changes to this , looks like we
have to re-deploy the application.  I'm looking at providing some
alternate implementation to this. Appreciate
any pointers to this.  The code I'm looking at is the
RegistryAccessController which is where I saw there is a
method which accesses the Security-Ref tags in the portlet xreg file.

Appreciate if anyone has more information that they can provide.

Thanks a lot.

- Shan

Re: Jetspeed 1.4.b4 & Jetspeed 2.0 Questions

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On Monday, April 21, 2003, at 09:11  AM, Fletcher, Boyd C. J9C534 wrote:

> I'm new to the list and didn't see the answers to these in the
> archives so...
>
> 1) When is Jetspeed 1.4 Beta 4 expected be released?

very soon, within the next few days hopefully, some documentation has
been delaying the release

> 2) When is the expected release date for 1.4 final?

We'd like to see it by June, but it depends on how much we can get done
by then

> 3) What will be the major differences between 1.4 and 2.0?

2.0 based on standard
Portlet Application are separate from the Portal, like webapps separate
from web container

> 4) Has JSR 168 changed the Portlet API used in 1.4 significantly? If
> so, then how much?

Yes it has changed, but there are plans for migration path

> 5) Will 2.0 implement JSR 168?

Yes

> 6) will the documentation in 1.4 Beta 4 be in PDF instead of HTML? the
> HTML version doesn't print well and isn't very concise (currently has
> lots of individual files).

The tutorial is available in PDF format
http://www.bluesunrise.com/jetspeed-docs/JetspeedTutorial.pdf

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software

RE: Jetspeed 1.4.b4 & Jetspeed 2.0 Questions

Posted by Shan Gopalakrishnan <sg...@cisco.com>.
Seem to be a good list.  Lot of website information says JSR168 is not
ready. So appreciate if the development team can give some
direction on these. Also I would add one more to the list that Jetspeed
2.0 will have struts as the MVC instead of Turbine  OR  both?
Thanks