Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Pavan Sethurathnam <se...@yahoo.com> on 2001/11/13 05:45:00 UTC

Filters - use of RequestDispatcher in Filters

what happens if we use rd.forward(...some other
resource) in filters... will it still continue down
the filter chain?

Re: Filters - use of RequestDispatcher in Filters

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Mon, 12 Nov 2001, Pavan Sethurathnam wrote:

> Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 20:45:00 -0800 (PST)
> From: Pavan Sethurathnam <se...@yahoo.com>
> To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: Filters - use of RequestDispatcher in Filters
>
> what happens if we use rd.forward(...some other
> resource) in filters... will it still continue down
> the filter chain?

It depends on what you do after the forward returns.  Typically, you would
just do a "return" from your Filter's doFilter() method (similar to just
doing a return after an RD.forward() in a servlet), because the response
has already been created -- but nothing stops you from calling
chain.doFilter() after the forward call returns.

Craig