Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Alex McLintock <al...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/13 23:08:33 UTC

SolR integration and Wiki

Can someone familiar with SolR and Nutch integration have a look at
the Wiki page at

http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/RunningNutchAndSolr

I've been trying to follow it and amending the page as I go for
formatting and Ubuntu changes.

Now it suggests adding some xml into solrconfig.xml but that is
causing my SolR to fall over - saying that it isn't valid xml...

<str name="mm"> 2<-1 5<-2 6<90% </str>

Do you know what this should be?

In fact can someone explain why we are amending solrconfig.xml at all?

----------

PS I am using a recent 1.1 RC, but discovered that it needed the
latest schema,xml from HEAD because something got added in by
mistake...

Alex

Re: SolR integration and Wiki

Posted by Matthias Paul <ma...@gmail.com>.
Try with
<str name="mm">2&lt;-1 5&lt;-2 6&lt;90%</str>

Matthias

Posted by Alex McLintock <al...@gmail.com>.
On 15 June 2010 09:50, Markus Jelsma <ma...@buyways.nl> wrote:
> Entities must be encoded as such:
>
> <str name="mm">2&lt;-1 5&lt;-2 6&lt;90%</str>

Thanks guys.

I've corrected the Wiki and found another problem. the format of the
bool is no longer acceptable to SolR. But that was easy to guess :-)

> http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/RunningNutchAndSolr

> Now it suggests adding some xml into solrconfig.xml but that is
> causing my SolR to fall over - saying that it isn't valid xml...
>
> <str name="mm"> 2<-1 5<-2 6<90% </str>

What I still don't understand is what this is for... I guess I will
have to read a bit more about SolR and
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DisMaxRequestHandler, right?

Anyway, I got this working - thanks for your help.

I'm going to be updating more Wiki pages as I come across out of date
things. Feel free to point me at documentation which needs updating.

RE: SolR integration and Wiki

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@buyways.nl>.