Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by rnatavio <rn...@exist.com> on 2008/07/21 12:31:06 UTC

Configurable Product in Quote

Hello everyone,

I noticed that the price of a configurable product in a Quote is not the
same as what's shown in the eCommerce module. here's the case:

 - Configured PC001 in eCommerce and added it to cart. the price was around
500 - 700. Viewed cart and Sent Request for Quote.
 - In Ordermgr module, Viewed the Request and created Quote out of the
request. Instead of 500-700, the price was now around 50 (this price was set
in the Prices subtab while editing a product in the Catalog module).

Question:
   Is there a way to show the configurable product's components and create
adjustments and whatever things I can do with them, instead of the
configurable product itself? IMO, a configurable product's price should
depend on the components that has been set as it's configuration.

Roy

RE: Configurable Product in Quote

Posted by Bilgin Ibryam <bi...@iguanait.com>.
Hi Roy,

In r679016 I did i fix for the quote price. Now it calculates the
configurable product price regarding its configuration.

Making adjustments to config items of the PC after it is added to quote
or request is also possible (but nobody needed it till now so not well
supported).
While you are configuring the PC (from order manager or ecommerce) for
every chosen option, a confidId is created or existing one is selected.
The confidId is not visualized to the user but you can see it in the
logs. The configurable product is added to cart with the last selected
configId. Then during request creation configId is copied to
RequestItem.configId. You can see this value in Request Item Screen. So
if you know(for example from the logs) which configId to what
configuration maps, you can change the configId in request item.

After you change configId, you can create a quote, and the price for the
quote item will be calculated for the new configuration. You can even
change the configId in QuoteItem, but then you have to update the price
manually. If you create an order from quote, the ordered PC will be
configured with QuoteItem configId and will get QuoteItem price.

Bilgin

RE: Configurable Product in Quote

Posted by rnatavio <rn...@exist.com>.
Maybe I need to rephrase the message to make it clear. Sorry about that.
Alright, here's my case:

I'm trying to play two roles, (1) a customer who's requesting a quote for
product(s) he's interested in, and (2) an order mgr who sends quotations
back to the customer who requested it. So here I'm using both ECommerce and
Ordermgr modules.

First (as a customer) I configured the PC to how I wanted it, then I sent a
request for Quote - which will be received by the Ordermgr. Then (as an
ordermgr) I created a Quote from the request. What I wanted to do now is do
some Adjustments to the config items of the PC (eg Hard Disk), but it seems
OFBiz doesn't have that functionality yet.

I think I've just answered my own question :). Anyway, I learned something
new from the link. Thanks Chris for your reply.

Cheers
Roy

Posted by Christopher L <cl...@hotmail.com>.