Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2009/11/19 09:37:40 UTC

[DISCUSSION] Documentation and promote home2.html

Hi all,

FYI, I have begun to write a maven plugin (in my sandbox repo) to:
- transform a DocBook documentations into HTML, FO, PDF
- be able to get confluence wiki HTML source, apply JTidy on it to
transform into XHTML and apply a XSL to go to DocBook.

This plugin will be used to generate the ServiceMix manual from provided
DocBook document and to init these documents from the wiki.

I would like to resume the work on the manual and, in the same of the
first manual release, promotes http://servicemix.apache.org/home2.html
to give more visibility.

What do you think about this ?

Thanks
Regards
JB

Re: [DISCUSSION] Documentation and promote home2.html

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
To take in care the latest Gert's remark on the user mailing list, I
have updated the home2 wiki page to add a ServiceMix Tools section.

Regards
JB

Posted by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.
+1. I agree on JB remark, the goal to have a manual is to generate
HTML/pdf documents who will be part of the SMX/Karaf distribution.

To convert wiki (confluence) to docbook, there is a confluence plugin
: http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFEXT/Confdoc+DocBook+Converter

For all of you which are a bit reluctant to code in XML the
documentation, WYSIWYG editor exists -->
http://wiki.docbook.org/topic/DocBookAuthoringTools ;-)

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Gert,

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com>.
L.S.,

Posted by Chris Custine <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Jamie G." <ja...@gmail.com>.
> [...]

>> blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com
>> twitter : http://twitter.com/cmoulliard
>> Linkedlin : http://www.linkedin.com/in/charlesmoulliard
>>
>> Apache Camel Group :
>> http://www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=2447439&trk=anet_ug_hm
>>

>> On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 9:37 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> FYI, I have begun to write a maven plugin (in my sandbox repo) to:
>>> - transform a DocBook documentations into HTML, FO, PDF
>>> - be able to get confluence wiki HTML source, apply JTidy on it to
>>> transform
>>> into XHTML and apply a XSL to go to DocBook.
>>>
>>> This plugin will be used to generate the ServiceMix manual from provided
>>> DocBook document and to init these documents from the wiki.
>>>
>>> I would like to resume the work on the manual and, in the same of the

>>> Regards

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Yes why not. It can be a step two in the documentation project.

 From my point of view, the purpose of wiki -> DocBook is to avoid to

Posted by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.
That's perfect for me.