Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Aaron Caesarowicz <aa...@infotec.com.au> on 2005/11/16 07:31:31 UTC

[users@httpd] Problems with Apache 2.0.51 and Virtural Servers

Hi.

I am running Apache 2.0.51 on Fedora Core 2. I cannot get the Virtual
Servers to work as they should. I can only get one of the sites to work
(infonumbers) and for every other virtual server I have, despite specifying
the correct Document Root for that Virtual Server, they all end up going to
that one site. Below is a list of the Virtual Servers that I have setup. I
have 1 IP Address for the machine on which Apache is running. Can anyone
suggest a solution for my problem?

Thanks and regards,

Aaron

Default Server  	Defines the default settings for all other virtual
servers, and processes any unhandled requests.
Address Any
Port Any
Server Name Automatic
Document Root /var/www/html

Virtual Server 	Handles the name-based server newinum.infotec.com on address
*.
Address Any
Port 80
Server Name newinum.infotec.com
Document Root /var/www/html/infonumbers

Virtual Server 	Processes all requests on port 443 not handled by other
virtual servers.
Address Any
Port 443
Server Name Automatic
Document Root /var/www/html

Virtual Server 	Handles the name-based server vote.infotec.com on address *.
Address Any
Port 80
Server Name vote.infotec.com
Document Root /var/www/html/vote

Re: [users@httpd] Problems with Apache 2.0.51 and Virtural Servers

Posted by Eliah Kagan <de...@gmail.com>.
Aaron Caesarowicz wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I am running Apache 2.0.51 on Fedora Core 2.
(snip)

Unrelated to the issue you are describing, Apache 2.0.51 is affected
by about ten  security vulnerabilities that have been fixed between
then and the newest version (2.0.55). See:

http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/CHANGES_2.0

I suggest you upgrade to 2.0.55.

-Eliah

Re: [users@httpd] Problems with Apache 2.0.51 and Virtural Servers

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.
On 11/16/05, Aaron Caesarowicz <aa...@infotec.com.au> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I am running Apache 2.0.51 on Fedora Core 2. I cannot get the Virtual
> Servers to work as they should. I can only get one of the sites to work
> (infonumbers) and for every other virtual server I have, despite specifying
> the correct Document Root for that Virtual Server, they all end up going to
> that one site. Below is a list of the Virtual Servers that I have setup. I
> have 1 IP Address for the machine on which Apache is running. Can anyone
> suggest a solution for my problem?

The configuration details you included are not from an apache
configuration file, so it is pretty-much impossible to tell what might
be wrong.

Joshua.