Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Geet Chandra <ge...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/28 06:39:53 UTC

Examples folder in Tomcat v6.0.35

Hi,

My scenario is like this

We have product, which ships Apache Tomcat v6.0.35 along with.
Is that allowed to ship  Apache Tomcat v6.0.35 without examples folder, I
mean examples folder being deleted.

- Geet

Re: Examples folder in Tomcat v6.0.35

Posted by Geet Chandra <ge...@gmail.com>.
Thanks  Konstantin Kolinko! for valuable insights....

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 3:26 PM, Konstantin Kolinko
<kn...@gmail.com>wrote:

> 2012/3/28 Geet Chandra <ge...@gmail.com>:
> > Thanks Konstantin Kolinko!
> >
> > I mean to say, can we ship Apache Tomcat 6.0.35 without examples folder,
> > keeping other files and folder intact.
> >

> The license allows you to remove everything,  except LICENSE and NOTICE,
> (though you have to read it by yourself as I cannot give any legal advice).
>
> You can remove all of the default web applications.
>
> There is a known issue that Apache Tomcat will not display proper
> error message pages for some errors if there is no ROOT webapp there.
>
> The examples webapp should never be installed on any "production" system.
>

> > On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 2:43 PM, Konstantin Kolinko
> > <kn...@gmail.com>wrote:

> folder, I
> >> >

> >> You cannot ship it without LICENSE and NOTICE files.
> >>
> >> Everything else can be deleted.
> >>

> Best regards,
> Konstantin Kolinko

Thanks & Regards