Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Bernd Fondermann <bf...@brainlounge.de> on 2009/06/15 13:20:32 UTC

[vysper] is targetting Java5

Dear contributors,

Please be aware that Vysper is being built for Java 5 as the lowest
possible JDK version.
So every code contribution at best should be run against a
compiler switched to Java 5 compatibility mode.

I think, personally, there is no need to move to Java 6, ATM.

Thanks,

  Bernd

Re: [vysper] is targetting Java5

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>.
Bernd Fondermann wrote:
> Niklas Gustavsson wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 1:37 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny<el...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Maybe targeting Java 6 only could also be an option, considering that Java 5
>>> EOSL is october 2009 ?
>>>

> That relates to Sun's JDK, right?

Yes. But it's irrelevant. Forget what I wrote, I think you are 100% right.

>> I would vote for Java 5 given the huge amount of people (myself
>> included) who run on Java 5 in various environments.
>>

> +1
>
> Java 5 is the least common denominator because we need all this generic stuff and annotations.
> And if someone wants to look into retrofitting for 1.4, she's more than welcome!

++1 !!!
>   Bernd

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org

Re: [vysper] is targetting Java5

Posted by Bernd Fondermann <bf...@brainlounge.de>.

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>.
Niklas Gustavsson wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 1:37 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny<el...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Maybe targeting Java 6 only could also be an option, considering that Java 5
>> EOSL is october 2009 ?
>>

> I would vote for Java 5 given the huge amount of people (myself
> included) who run on Java 5 in various environments.

You are probably right. Even Java 1.4 is sometime seen from place to place.

> /niklas

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com