Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by janani venkat <ja...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/03 14:50:49 UTC

Hadoop cluster setup

Hi
I'm a beginner in working with hadoop. I want to know if we have to
physically connect the machines using LAN cable before setting up the
cluster.
Urgently needed to clarify this and start my work\
Regards
Janani

Re: Hadoop cluster setup

Posted by Kay Kay <ka...@gmail.com>.
On 2/3/10 6:12 AM, janani venkat wrote:
> Thank you..
> And can you give me a tutorial kinda thing to connect them using LAN?

Start with buying the cable.

The people in the list are happy to assist you with hadoop-related
questions.

Feel free to use a search engine of your choice to get the relevant
background as pointed to in a given thread.  You got to do your own home
work.

Re: Hadoop cluster setup

Posted by Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 9:12 AM, janani venkat <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you..
> And can you give me a tutorial kinda thing to connect them using LAN? Becos
> am very new to this. It would be of greatly useful to me
>
> On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 7:28 PM, Habermaas, William <
> William.Habermaas@fatwire.com> wrote:
>
>> You can setup the machines and configure them without being connected
>> over a network. But once you want to start up the services all machines
>> have to be active and reachable on the LAN.
>>
>> Bill

You should connect them the way you would connect any computers.
Hadoop setup documents assume you familiar with computer networking
(IP) fundamentals. If you are not proficient in this you should
contact your network administrator for help.

Re: Hadoop cluster setup

Posted by janani venkat <ja...@gmail.com>.
Thank you..

RE: Hadoop cluster setup