Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by Carlos Araya <ca...@cvc.edu> on 2002/02/04 05:34:44 UTC

Re: cvs commit: httpd-docs-1.3/htdocs/manual/mod core.html.en mod_mime.html.en

IMHO:

If you're going to discourage something, always give an alternative. What
would you do if you had to bind to one address on a machine with multiple
addresses?

Carlos

--
Carlos E. Araya
---+ WebCT Administrator/Trainer

email               carlos@cvc.edu
web                 http://www.cvc1.org/ (work)
                    http://www.silverwolf-net.net (personal)
phone               408 257 0420 (work)
PGP Fingerprint:    E629 5DFD 7EAE 4995 E9D7  3D2F 5A9F 0CE7 DFE7 1756

We cannot put off living until we are ready. The most salient
characteristic of life is its  coerciveness: it is always urgent,  'here and
now' without any possible postponement. Life is  fired at us point blank.
Jose Ortega Y Gasset

Re: cvs commit: httpd-docs-1.3/htdocs/manual/mod core.html.en mo

Posted by Lars Eilebrecht <la...@hyperreal.org>.
According to Carlos Araya:

> If you're going to discourage something, always give an alternative. What
> would you do if you had to bind to one address on a machine with multiple
> addresses?

Use the Listen directive instead.

ciao...
--
Lars Eilebrecht              - No matter where you go; you're there.
lars@hyperreal.org