Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Ko...@cec.eu.int on 2003/05/23 11:47:01 UTC

RE: JBoss and log4j logging

Hi,

i'm also using jetspeed also in a jboss environment. And the base of all
problems (logging for one) is turbine.

I enclosed the java file which contains a patch to work in jboss. But I'd
like someone to put it in turbine. Or even replace the whole logging service
from turbine with the one below. Because jboss isn't the only one with
problems. Weblogic should have them as well.

Another problem with turbine is that it takes it files via the getRealPath
-> new File(getRealPath), which forces users to use jetspeed in an exploded
war file. It would be better if they used getResourceAsStream, but alas I
think they didn't thought about it in those days. Maybe someone has the
courage to do it... I started it at one point but as I don't  know turbine
that well, and we're on a deadline here, I gave up.

Hope this helps,
Koen

Posted by Werner Ramaekers <we...@shiftat.com>.
Koen,

you're attached patch is being filtered out by the maillist manager so
could you try adding it inline ?
Have you opened a bug report in the jakarta bugzilla for this ?

Werner

ir. Werner Ramaekers
Enterprise Java Solutions Architect - Shift@
BeJUG steering committee member