Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Peter Onthrops <po...@yahoo.com> on 2002/06/03 18:37:49 UTC

commons ConvertUtils error?

I have a form with a Timestamp attribute. The value of the timestamp can be an empty.

I am getting a ConversionException because a call is being made to ConvertUtils and then SqlTimestampConverter with the empty value - which throws the exception when the value is null or not in the proper format. Do I need to modify the code to prevent this or is there an error? It doesn't seem right that an exception would be thrown if the value is empty. Attributes in forms don't always need to have a value.

Thanks in advance,

Petra