Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Tripper McCarthy <Tr...@pdsi-software.com> on 2003/06/24 01:34:03 UTC

HELP: Modify Message Body in Handler

I have been trying to modify the content of the message body in one of my
handlers before the message reaches the actual web service. I have read
through a number of message from the mailing list, and tried just about
everything I can think of. But my message body is unchanged after leaving my
handler. Below is my current code. Does anyone have any suggestions?

    public void invoke(MessageContext msgContext) throws AxisFault {
            // Retrieve the soap body out of the message
            Message message = msgContext.getRequestMessage();
            org.apache.axis.message.SOAPEnvelope se =
message.getSOAPEnvelope();
            org.apache.axis.message.SOAPBody sb =
(org.apache.axis.message.SOAPBody)se.getBody();

            // Generic test
            MessageElement mElement = new MessageElement("","body_test");
            mElement.addTextNode("body test");
            sb.addChild(mElement);

            message.saveChanges();
            System.out.println("handler 1 = " + sb.toString());
}

The final println statement shows the exact message I started off with,
without my changes.

Thanks

Tripper McCarthy
trippermccarthy@pdsi-software.com