Posted to dev@ctakes.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2017/02/12 16:27:11 UTC

insight into this issue involving NullPointerException in cTakes

Hi,

We have a thread over on the UIMA dev list, under the subject "CAS Pool", by
shahid ashraf.

He's getting a "null" returned in cTakes code in the lvg annotator (which leads
to a NullPointerException), where it calls lvgCmd.MutateToString(word).

This apparently works for him when running single threaded, but fails when
running multiple threads in parallel.

When I looked at this, I saw the MutateToString code seems to call 3rd party
code from the NIH library.

Is it possible cTakes or this library doesn't like being called on multiple threads?

-Marshall

Re: insight into this issue involving NullPointerException in cTakes

Posted by shahid ashraf <sh...@trialx.com>.
Thanks ....

It seems LVG issue from NLM

--
with Regards
Shahid Ashraf

Re: insight into this issue involving NullPointerException in cTakes

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.