Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Takacs Istvan <is...@hungax.com> on 2001/12/30 13:15:30 UTC

Strange apache upload GID???

Hi

We have to enable for some users to
upload their files to our server via their
browsers.
The apache runs in the context of the
nobody user.
I thought that it uses the nobody GID,
but if I see the attributes of the uploaded
files, I get the 4294967295 GID.
What is it, and where does it come from?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

                  Istvan

Re: Strange apache upload GID???

Posted by Daniel Lopez <da...@rawbyte.com>.
On Sun, Dec 30, 2001 at 01:15:30PM +0100, Takacs Istvan wrote:
> Hi
>
> We have to enable for some users to
> upload their files to our server via their
> browsers.
> The apache runs in the context of the
> nobody user.
> I thought that it uses the nobody GID,
> but if I see the attributes of the uploaded
> files, I get the 4294967295 GID.
> What is it, and where does it come from?

Check the Group directive in your httpd.conf directive
It is probably set to something like #-1
Change to the group you want Apache to run as

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/core.html#group

Daniel