Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by "Pranav, Savkur" <Pr...@siemens.com> on 2006/11/09 15:04:55 UTC

win32TransService leaks

Hello All,
	I'm getting a leak in the API:

I'm not calling this API explicitly.Does it get called implicitly by
other APIs?

Xercesc_2_2::win32Transservice::Win32TransService(void)

Has any1 faced this problem?

thanks,
Pranav

The new company Nokia Siemens Networks is expected to start operations by January 1, 2007, subject to customary regulatory approvals, the completion of standard closing conditions, and the agreement of a number of detailed implementation steps.

Disclaimer:
This e-mail may contain trade secrets or privileged, undisclosed or otherwise confidential information. If you have received this e-mail in error, you are hereby notified that any review, copying or distribution of it is strictly prohibited. Please inform us immediately and destroy the original transmittal. Thank you for your cooperation.

Re: win32TransService leaks

Posted by Alberto Massari <am...@datadirect.com>.
Hi Pranav,
Win32TransService is called by XMLPlatformUtils::Initialize. Given
that it looks you are using a very old version (2.2) I cannot tell if
it's a bug that has been already fixed, or a real one....
In any case, given that it also looks (from the other mail thread)
that you are calling Initialize/Terminate on every method call and
you are in a multithreaded application, I would suggest to try
invoking Initialize and Terminate just once, at the startup and
shutdown of the application, and check if this fixes all the
(strange) problems that you are seeing.

Hope this helps,
Alberto