Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Mark Roder <mr...@wamnet.com> on 2001/10/22 15:43:06 UTC

Issue/Question?? deserialization of beans when xml contains "extr a" attributes

I am using a BeanSerializer to decode a response. The response contains an
attribute that the java bean does not contain.  This currently throws a
SAXException with "Invalid element ..."

Should this be an error condition?

I can see one view that it should be a complete map.  I could also see that
if it doesn't have a map for the attribute, it could just ignore it.

I am working on a application that is a soap client.  I am wondering if my
client needs to stay in lock-step with the server, or if the server could
add a new attribute without breaking my client.

Later

Mark