Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by David Salter <da...@davidsalter.uk> on 2020/07/10 17:01:18 UTC

TOMEE-1399 Potential NPE

Hi,

I've been going through open Jira issues and found TOMEE-1399. and just
submitted a PR for this.

Basically, this is to move an if statement earlier in the code to avoid
a potential Null Pointer Exception.

https://github.com/apache/tomee/pull/675

Can someone take a look and see if this is OK?

Thanks,

David.

--
David Salter

Re: TOMEE-1399 Potential NPE

Posted by Cesar Hernandez <ce...@gmail.com>.
Hi David,

+1 on your PR. Thank you much.

The CI errors are related with a work in progress to enable GitHub actions
into the project for proactive PR feedback.
As I recall, currently the feedback we have in buildbot CI and Jenkins is
after a merge reaches master.
https://ci.apache.org/builders/tomee-trunk-ubuntu-jvm8
https://builds.apache.org/job/TomEE/

This is how I validated the PR, it may be helpful for newer contributors we
have had in the last couple of months ;).. or to learn a better way to do
it in case one would like to provide feedback.

0. Analyzed the code to understand the change

1. git checkout <URL for your PR>
I use hub for github [1], so I get all my work from the command line, I
also create PR using hub after my git push.

2. git pull upstream master
This allowed the latest apache/tomee master to be merged into your PR
locally.

3. mvn clean install -DskipTests
Build without tests to make sure to have all the dependencies in my local
repo that these days have been deleted/recreated due to other duties.

4. mvn --fail-at-end test -Pall-adapters -Dsurefire.useFile=false
-DdisableXmlReport=true -Dopenejb.arquillian.debug=true  -pl
container/openejb-core
I executed only the test related to the maven module related to your PR.
This took around 40 minutes on my laptop.

5. I found one test fail [2], but I notice it was not related with your PR
and actually a test that I have a PR open with a patch already [3].

[1] https://hub.github.com/

[2]
[ERROR] Failures:
[ERROR]   JMS2AMQTest.sendToMdbWithTxAndCheckLeaks:309 expected:<0> but
was:<1>
[INFO]
[ERROR] Tests run: 3945, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 2

[3] https://github.com/apache/tomee/pull/678

--
Atentamente:
César Hernández.