Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Cyril Scetbon <cy...@free.fr> on 2014/03/11 15:33:03 UTC

Re: How to add a new DC to cluster in Cassandra 2.x

Can someone from Datastax confirm this point ? If it's true, is it the same for a decommission ? I mean, if we decommission a node with old data (in case it has been down for more than max_hint_window_in_ms and not repaired), will we finally have a situation where old data has been spread and we need to use repair -pr everywhere to not get (really) old data with LOCAL_ONE consistency ?

I use branch cassandra-1.2 but if there are differences between this branch and cassandra-2.0 tell me.

Thanks
--
Cyril SCETBON