Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by sc...@asia.com on 2010/07/14 21:02:36 UTC

Multiple cores or not?

 Hi,

We are planning to host on same server different website that will use solr.

What will be the best?

One core with a field i schema: site1, site2 etc... and then add this in every query

Or one core per site?

Thanks for your help

Re: Multiple cores or not?

Posted by Ravi Kumar Julapalli <ju...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

The architecture is probably better served depending on the content and data
sources.

If you have multiple data sources for each of the sites.. e.g database serving
up site content, Feeds serving up syndicated content , then multicore will be
better served using each core by data source

core1-> database
core2 -> RSS

As with multiple sites, you can run multiple solr indexes with each index
serving a website, Alternatively if you have common content across the sites,
then you could use one of the cores to serve common content with other cores
service site specific content.

Hope this info helps.

Regards,
Ravi

I'm guessing the sites will be searched separately.  In that case I'd recommend
a core for each site.

Otis
----

Re: Multiple cores or not?