Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by astrograph <as...@gmx.net> on 2004/02/25 13:14:15 UTC

JMS mailet

hi,

I´ve written a mailet which sends emails to a JMS queue. Sometimes I get
an error (JMSException), in this case I want James to retry sending the
JMS, i.e. processing the email again with this mailet...

how can I configure the mailets, so an e-mail which was not GHOSTED will
again be processed?

tia

phil

Re: JMS mailet

Posted by astrograph <as...@gmx.net>.
hi Soren,

thanks for the info! RemoteDelivery mailet is quite interesting!

cheers,

philipp

RE: JMS mailet

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Just factoring out spool management from remote delivery behavior.

	--- Noel

Re: JMS mailet

Posted by astrograph <as...@gmx.net>.
hi Noel,

what are the issues you are dealing with in your refactoring?

cheers,

philipp

RE: JMS mailet

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.

Re: JMS mailet

Posted by Soren Hilmer <so...@tietoenator.com>.
Probably the best answer is to look at the RemoteDelivery mailet.

Basically what it does is to move the mail to another MailRepository and then
on intervals check if any mails in that repository are ready for a
transmission retry.

--Søren

On Wednesday 25 February 2004 13:14, astrograph wrote:
> hi,
>
> I´ve written a mailet which sends emails to a JMS queue. Sometimes I get
> an error (JMSException), in this case I want James to retry sending the
> JMS, i.e. processing the email again with this mailet...
>
> how can I configure the mailets, so an e-mail which was not GHOSTED will
> again be processed?
>
> tia
>
> phil

Søren Hilmer, M.Sc.
R&D manager             Phone:  +45 70 27 64 00
TietoEnator IT+ A/S     Fax:    +45 70 27 64 40
Ved Lunden 12           Direct: +45 87 46 64 57
DK-8230 Åbyhøj          Email:  soren.hilmer <at> tietoenator.com