Posted to dev@solr.apache.org by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com> on 2022/12/01 01:10:01 UTC

Re: Publishing dependency vulnerability information

Good thoughts here.

I have also thought about possibly moving the list of false positives from wiki to the website.
It could be a JSON file or whatever parsable file, and we can parse it in Javascript and
output it as a table. At the same time we could offer simple search/filtering both across
known CVEs and false positives, so that if someone enters CVE-2022-123 then they would
quickly see what we know about that particular CVE.

Jan

Posted by David Smiley <ds...@apache.org>.
Yeah, we want to maintain this in as few places as possible -- ideally one
place.  But I think it's *adequate* albeit not ideal to have our more
pretty/user-consumably documentation refer to a raw file that a user would
have to search.  We shouldn't let the ideal be the enemy of progress.

~ David Smiley
Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer
http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley