Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Lutz Horn <lu...@web.de> on 2003/06/24 10:20:57 UTC

Solved (was: [Digester] path relative to what?)

Hi all,

sorry if you already thought about this problem. After some
further digging in the CVS repository I came up with a
solution.

> I try to use the include element to include a second
> xmlrules file into a master rules file. I'm developing
> inside Eclipse 2.1 under Windows 2000 and all the
> rules files are in the root directory of my Eclipse project.
>
> To which location in the filesystem is a relative URI
> inside the path attribute of the include element
> relative? If I only write
>
> master.xml:
> <include path="second.xml"/>
>
> a org.apache.commons.digester.xmlrules.XmlLoadException
> is thrown at  FromXmlRuleSet.java:151 even though both
> rules files reside in the same directory (the Eclipse project
> root directory).

As in the example use of the include element in

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-commons/digester/src/test/org/apache/commons/digester/xmlrules/testrules.xml?rev=1.5&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

I put the included rules file into a subdirectory of the
package directory and use the path corresponding
to this pseudo sub package:

master.xml:
<include path="com/example/project/xmlrules/second.xml"/>

Regards
Lutz

Re: Solved (was: [Digester] path relative to what?)

Posted by José Antonio Pérez Testa <ja...@indra.es>.
All locations are relative to CLASSPATH, I think.
The solution you found is caused by the copying of resources done by
Eclipse to the output directory.
Check if there is a copy of  the included xml in the classes directory.
I use JBuilder and I have to specify which type of resources (.xml,
.xsl, ...) to copy from the source directory to output directory ,
 maybe Eclipse does the same by default.
In any case, if you put your xml in the same directory of your .class
files, everything must work fine.