Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Edgar Yip <ed...@successfactors.com> on 2006/11/03 23:02:52 UTC

help on using Block and RenderBlock...

Hi All,

Our company is evaluating Tapestry 4.0 and I have some question with
Block and RenderBlock.

We want to render some of our jsp within a tapestry page:

-          I read somewhere that can be achieve with Block and
RenderBlock. Is this correct?

-          What's the correct way to do it? I wrote a sub-class of Block
and override the renderBody method to throw a RedirectException. But it
just redirect to the jsp page.

It will be greatly appreciated if someone can lead me to the right way.

Thanks.

Edgar

Re: help on using Block and RenderBlock...

Posted by andyhot <an...@di.uoa.gr>.
http://wiki.apache.org/tapestry/HowTos
http://wiki.apache.org/tapestry/TapestryFasttrackForStrutsProgrammers

esp. check out the last link... it describes a @JspPage component,
allowing you to
simply add
anywhere !

--
Andreas Andreou - andyhot@apache.org - http://andyhot.di.uoa.gr
Tapestry / Tacos developer

Re: help on using Block and RenderBlock...

Posted by Bill Holloway <bi...@gmail.com>.
Tapestry in Action (book) talks about JSP integration.  I'm sure there
are other docs that do as well.  I don't remember anything about
RenderBlock there, but you're embedding some JSP.

Bill

--
"Budgets are moral documents."

     -- Ann Richards