Posted to general@xml.apache.org by burtonator <bu...@relativity.yi.org> on 2000/09/04 03:28:00 UTC

Re: ANNOUNCE: XJay 0.0.1 (XMLSchema -> Java object mapper (based on XSLT))

Michael Lepine wrote:

> Well, I'm intrigued.
>
> Where should I look for more information and possibly the source?

ug!  Forgot to send the URL!  Sorry!  http://xjay.sourceforge.net.
Website is kind of raw... would recommend downloading the source for
more docs :)

Kevin

> > Don't know why I didn't announce this earlier.
> >
> > I spent one day last week writing an  XMLSchema -> Java
> > object mapper.
> > Basically it allows you to write an XMLSchema and then build an object
> > hierarchy based on the schema.
> >
> > There are other mapping mechanisms available (Castor) but this has
> > different design goals:
> >
> > - keep everything simple
> > - keep object mapping customizable
> >     -add your own license agreement
> >     - change the package
> >     - change your methods, etc
> > - based on XSLT for easy customization
> > - very small code base
> >
> > Since it is XSLT and the logic is based on Java different mapping
> > mechanisms can be easily added.  EX:
> >   - XMLSchema -> EJB
> >   - XMLSchema -> (insert your favorite persistence mechanism)
> >   - XMLSchema -> whatever object hierarchy
> >
> > ... basically anything that you want to constrain and that would be a
> > waste to do automatically.
> >
> > XML instance mapping and population of the java object hierarchy is
> > possible but not implemented.
> >
> > ... just another comment.  The XSLT Extension Element facilty impl in
> > Xerces rules!
<snip>

--
** Should SUN Open Source Java? Please Vote:
http://relativity.yi.org/java **

Kevin A Burton (e-mail: burton@apache.org, UIN: 73488596, ZKey:
burtonator)
           http://relativity.yi.org | http://www.openprivacy.org
Message to SUN Microsystems:  "Please Open Source Java!"
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme
excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    - Sun Tzu, 300 B.C.