Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Joe Bowbeer <jo...@go2net.com> on 2000/07/24 10:37:29 UTC

building for JDK1.1

Hello,

I'm working on extending JDOM's build.xml to add support for
building a JDK1.1 version of JDOM.

This is easy in principle as long as JDOM code uses explicit
imports and avoids a couple a Java2 specifics. Running a sed
script over the source files, to substitute the 29 collections
package names, does the trick.

  http://java.sun.com/beans/infobus/collectionsreadme.html

JDOM is using Ant, so I'm intending to make an Ant task for this,
but I wanted to check with this list first to see if it's already
been done, and, if not, to solicit suggestions.

Although a JDK1.1-specific task would suffice, I'm considering
making a general directory-enabled task that accepts an ORO
expression argument and applies it to the files in the directory.

Would this general task be a candidate for inclusion in the Ant
core?

--
Joe Bowbeer

IncompatibleClassChangeError

Posted by Jonathan Rasmusson <jr...@servidium.com>.
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has come across a :

java.lang.IncompatibleChangeError

when running a class after it has been compiled by Ant.

I am using jdk1.3, modern, and the class I am running
after compilation are my JUnit tests cases.

I noticed also that the class produced from Ant is
different then the one produced when I compile from the
command line.

When I reverse compiled the two (seemingly identical classes)
I noticed that there were slightly different.  One had better variable
names, while the other had optimized names (very short).

I was wondering if someone could explain how I would see two
different generated classes files from compiling on the command
line and compiling using Ant.

I checked the email archives and could not find any mention of this.

Thx

Jonathan