Posted to rampart-dev@ws.apache.org by Konstantinos Pateras <kp...@googlemail.com> on 2007/05/19 18:23:34 UTC

Dynamically set the user in server's response

Hi all,

I have the following problem in Axis2/Rampart 1.1

I have set up Axis2 1.1.1 and Rampart 1.1 and configure it (I followed
the configuration instructions for Rampart 1.0 that are still
supported). I use UsernameToken and encryption  with a known key to
both parts but I want to set the encryption user programmatically in
server when it sends a response (OutflowSecurity). This is because
each user has its own key stored in a database and is beeing retrieved
in the PasswordCallbackHandler.

Is there a way to do it like with
<encryptionUser>useReqSigCert</encryptionUser> that is used when the
incoming message is signed or can I get the calling user in
PasswordCallbackHandler when I send the response?

Another option is to pass a parameter to the constructor of the
PasswordCallbackHandler but I do not know where to instantiate the
handler in server.

I know how to do it on client but on server I have tried the following
in the PasswordCallbackHandler:

 MessageContext msgContext = MessageContext.getCurrentMessageContext();

but the msgContext is null in the response.