Posted to xbean-dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com> on 2007/03/21 04:16:08 UTC

XBean and Java 1.5 (was Re: Where is the src for org.apache.geronimo.gjndi.GlobalContextGBean)

Looks like xbean-naming is still compiling for 1.4.  Is there any
specific reason for this?  Can we switch all of xbean to compile for
1.5... and if you need 1.4 compat, then use the retrotranslator-maven-
plugin's translate-project goal to make jdk14 artifacts?

--jason

Re: XBean and Java 1.5 (was Re: Where is the src for org.apache.geronimo.gjndi.GlobalContextGBean)

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
Yeah, this is what I was thinking too.  I'm still -1 but I can easily
be outvoted.

Regards,
Alan

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
Should not cause any build problems that I am aware of.  If anything
does come up I will fix it ;-)

Either way... I don't really care... I want JDK 1.5 anyways, 1.4 and
retro muck is just for any folks who consume xbean that can't use JDK
1.5.

Shall I look into what changes are required?  Though I have commit
here if you guys wanna see a patch first I can can make one...

--jason

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
+1 to 1.5 only

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
And we are not going to be changing many deps for G 1.2... its almost
ready to go... if we leave it alone maybe it will still be ready once
AMQ and OpenEJB are ready too ;-)

--jason

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Does Geronimo 1.2 uses xbean ?

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
+1

Regards,
Alan

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
My +1 includes the fact that the retrotranslated artifacts are
built and uploaded with the release ;-)

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
Aight, this is done... still need to sort out the OOME though...

--jason

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
Aight, I'm going to commit this and publish new snaps (assuming I
can... if there are no perm issues).  And then finish up
GERONIMO-2995 which should allow the removal of the backport
dependency from modules which depend upon xbean.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Sounds good for me too.

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
Do you know why org.apache.xbean.finder.ClassFinderTest is throwing
OutOfMemoryErrors?

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.