Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by chad kellerman <ck...@alabanza.com> on 2003/12/16 18:51:23 UTC

redirecting based on role name

hello everyone,

    I have a site that uses form authentication thru JDBCRealm.  I have
my webapp root as /ROOT/ with 3 directories.  I have also set up the
web.xml file with 3 different security constraints based on the 3
directories in /ROOT/.

    My questions is, can I redirect a successful login to a specified
directory based on the role_name I assigned the user in the mysql
database?

     For example,  if I have configured bob with the role_name of
admin.  Can I redirect his url to /ROOT/ADMIN by retrieving his
role_name?

  Can any one point me in the right direction?  Any help would be
appreciated.

Thanks,
Chad