Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Jan Ove Aase <ja...@osc.no> on 2000/07/21 16:20:52 UTC

Re: Xerces-C on win32/BCB5

Thanks to Kor for his recipe.
I have finally managed to compile it, but with a few changes/additions:

> I've created an import lib and dll of xerces 1.2.0 using Borland
> C++ Builder 5. Here are my porting notes in case anyone is
> interested:
>

>  2. Convert VC project file to Borland project file using vctobpru
> command.
>  3. Make the folowing edits (while building the project).
>

>       ./src/util/Compilers/VCPPDefs.hpp
>       Change 'typedef unsigned short XMLCh' to 'typedef wchar_t XMLCh'.

I didn't have to do this:
>      ./src/dom/AttrNSImpl.cpp
>      Change ( ) ? : statement in if then else statement.
>
>      ./src/dom/ElementImpl.cpp
>      Change ( ) ? : statements in if then else statements.
>
>       ./src/dom/ElementNSImpl.cpp
>       Change ( ) ? : statement in if then else statement.

>       ./src/util/Compilers/VCPPDefs.hpp
>       Change typedef unsigned int short XMLCh to typedef wchar_t XMLCh.

>       ./src/util/Platforms/Win32/Win32PlatformUtils.cpp
>       r. 732. Add && 0 to #if defined(_MSC_VER).
>       Change call to InterlockedCompareExchange to:
>        return (long*)::InterlockedCompareExchange
>        (
>         (long*)toFill
>          , (long)newValue
>          , (long)toCompare
>        );

>       ./src/util/Transcoders/Win32/Win32TransService.cpp
>       Add _ to calls to wcsupr that don't have them.

I didn't have to do this:
>       ./src/util/XMLString.cpp
>       Add std:: to calls to stricmp and strncmp.

In addition I had to change Language compliance in Project->Options
Advanced Compiler from ANSI to Borland. (The MFC compability was also
turned off, but I don't know if that changed anything...)

>   4. You probably have to edit the path where Borland wants to put the
> libraries
>      (lib + dll).
>

> That did it for me,
> Kor

And that did if for me too...
Jan Ove

RE: Xerces-C on win32/BCB5

Posted by Jim Reitz <je...@home.com>.
Why are you using ./src/util/Compilers/VCPPDefs.hpp instead of
BorlandCDefs.hpp?